What is Women’s Health Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapists working in women’s health physiotherapy are concerned with musculoskeletal and continence problems that women may experience whilst pregnant, post pregnancy and at any stage during a woman’s life.
What conditions can be helped?
Conditions that can be addressed both antenatal and postnatal:
- Pelvic pain- including pelvic girdle pain
- Low back pain
- Thoracic pain
- Upper limb and neck pains
- Coccyx pain
- Rectus abdominis divarification ( separation of stomach muscles after giving birth)
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Urinary urgency and urge incontinence
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Weak pelvic floor muscles following childbirth
- Overactive bladder syndrome
- Stomach muscle weakness after pregnancy