What is Women’s Health Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapists working in women’s health physiotherapy are concerned with musculoskeletal and continence problems that women may experience whilst pregnant, post-pregnancy, and at any stage during a woman’s life.
What conditions can be helped?
Conditions that can be addressed both antenatal and postnatal:
- Pelvic pain- including pelvic girdle pain
- Low back pain
- Thoracic pain
- Upper limb and neck pains
- Coccyx pain
- Rectus abdominis divarification ( separation of stomach muscles after giving birth)
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Urinary urgency and urge incontinence
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Weak pelvic floor muscles following childbirth
- Overactive bladder syndrome
- Stomach muscle weakness after pregnancy